Whoa. Week 3 and almost a half-dozen coaches are in the crosshairs of their respective fans. Maybe more.
And a couple of them actually won on Saturday.
But instead of going to a window and yelling “I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore,” they do the usual and turned to social media.
Auburn’s Gus Malzahn: Another lackluster performance by the offense (five turnovers), but this was against Mercer. A 24-10 victory, but five turnovers. Again, against Mercer.
Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin: The Aggies defeated Louisiana-Lafayette, 45-21, at halftime, but they trailed 21-14 at the half. Coming off a close victory over Nicholls State last week and an implosion against UCLA in the opener, it only takes one bad half in Week 3 to get the fans riled.
Tennessee’s Butch Jones: The Vols lose when Florida quarterback Feleipe Franks connected with Tyrie Cleveland for a 63-yard, Hail Mary touchdown with no time left on the clock for a 26-20 victory. And Tennessee fans showed no sympathy toward the coach afterward.
Missouri’s Barry Odom: After a poor showing against South Carolina last week, Odom fired his defensive coordinator. Strategy fail. Tigers allow 35 points to Purdue (35-3 loss).
UCLA’s Jim Mora: After losing to Memphis, 48-45, on Saturday, the historic, 45-44, come-from-behind victory over Texas A&M two weeks ago seems like a distant memory to Bruin fans.
And the fans rant …
- Week 14 college football picks … the picks of Champions
- Week 13 college football picks … Stop the madness! Just let Bama win
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 18, 2017
- Week 12 college football picks … stop picking on me!
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 11, 2017
- Week 11 college football picks … them’s fightin’ words
- ESPN GameDay signs for Nov. 4
- Week 10 college football picks … again with the ‘poison,’ Nick?
- ESPN College GameDay signs for Oct. 28, 2017
- Week 9 college football picks … this time with an important message