Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh said in June that he was planning to ion inviting President Barack Obama and wife Michele to be honorary captains for a Michigan home game.
But this week he said wasn’t going to happen … this season.
“The President and the First Lady both were as gracious as they could be,” Harbaugh said in a radio interview by way of the Detroit News. “They worked very hard to try to come. They’re not going to be able to, unfortunately, make it this year.”
Harbaugh met the Obamas earlier this year. ESPN reported that after spending some time with the former first family, Harbaugh said he would ask them to serve as honorary captains for a game this season.
Match made by Irma
Indiana was able to schedule a game in less than 24 hours after its game with Florida International was canceled because of Hurrican Irma.
Indiana worked a deal with Charleston Southern to play on Oct. 7 in Bloomington. A kickoff time will be announced at a later date.
Charleston Southern had also lost a game because of Irma. The Week 2 game against South Carolina State was canceled.
- Week 14 college football picks … the picks of Champions
- Week 13 college football picks … Stop the madness! Just let Bama win
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 18, 2017
- Week 12 college football picks … stop picking on me!
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 11, 2017
- Week 11 college football picks … them’s fightin’ words
- ESPN GameDay signs for Nov. 4
- Week 10 college football picks … again with the ‘poison,’ Nick?
- ESPN College GameDay signs for Oct. 28, 2017
- Week 9 college football picks … this time with an important message