Sensing a little Pac-12 bias in these odds. And that’s a bad thing for the conference.
SportsBettingDime.com has placed odds on which coach will get fired first this season (not counting Hugh Freeze). The top three coaches are from the Pac-12.
And you can bet the athletic directors from those three schools have Chip Kelly’s number on speed dial.
Losers of the Pac-12
UCLA coach Jim Mora comes in as the favorite at 9-1, followed by Arizona State’s Todd Graham (15-1) and Arizona’s Rich Rodriguez (15-1 … Hey, remember when Rich Rod turned down Alabama? And then they hired that Nick Saban guy?). First-year Oregon coach Jim Taggart is on the list at 35-1.
Four of the next seven are SEC coaches: Arkansas’ Bret Bielema (16-1), Auburn’s Gus Malzahn (17-1), Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin (18-1) and Tennessee’s Butch Jones (30-1). Incidentally, Freeze was only 18-1 before his departure at Ole Miss last week.
Here’s the complete list:
- Jim Mora (UCLA): 9/1
- Todd Graham (Arizona State): 15/1
- Rich Rodriguez (Arizona): 15/1
- Bret Bielema (Arkansas): 16/1
- Gus Malzahn (Auburn): 17/1
- Kevin Sumlin (Texas A&M): 18/1
- Kliff Kingsbury (Texas Tech): 18/1
- Lane Kiffin (FAU): 25/1
- Butch Jones (Tennessee): 30/1
- Brian Kelly (Notre Dame): 30/1
- Steve Addazio (Boston College): 30/1
- Mark Dantonio (Michigan State): 30/1
- Dave Doeren (N.C. State): 35/1
- Lovie Smith (Illinois): 35/1
- Willie Taggart (Oregon): 35/1
- Week 14 college football picks … the picks of Champions
- Week 13 college football picks … Stop the madness! Just let Bama win
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 18, 2017
- Week 12 college football picks … stop picking on me!
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 11, 2017
- Week 11 college football picks … them’s fightin’ words
- ESPN GameDay signs for Nov. 4
- Week 10 college football picks … again with the ‘poison,’ Nick?
- ESPN College GameDay signs for Oct. 28, 2017
- Week 9 college football picks … this time with an important message