HBO released a photo of Al Pacino as Joe Paterno in the upcoming movie, “Happy Valley,” about the child sex abuse scandal surrounding Paterno’s former assistant, Jerry Sandusky.
Sandusky was arrested on multiple counts of sexual abuse while conducting camps on the Penn State campus. Authorities say Paterno was aware of the crimes, perhaps even as far back as the 1990s.
Paterno died from complications from lung cancer in 2012.
Barry Levinson will direct the film. Levinson was the producer on the HBO bio-pic “Phil Spector” and “Donnie Brasco,” both of which starred Pacino.
— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) July 16, 2017
The Hartford Courant reports that Connecticut football coach Randy Edsall violated the state’s nepotism laws when it hired his son, Corey, as an assistant.
At issue is Randy Edsall’s assistance in negotiating Corey Edsall’s $95,000 contract.
But the ethics office, according to The Courant, is recommending that the ethics board take no action against Randy Edsall or UConn. The recommendation came because of the proximity to the upcoming football season, calling any sort of move a “potential disruption.” Instead, the younger Edsall will be able to keep his job at the same salary for a year so long as the contract is not renewed.
UConn has argued that Randy Edsall wasn’t a state employee when was involved in the negotiations of his son’s deal.
- Week 14 college football picks … the picks of Champions
- Week 13 college football picks … Stop the madness! Just let Bama win
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 18, 2017
- Week 12 college football picks … stop picking on me!
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 11, 2017
- Week 11 college football picks … them’s fightin’ words
- ESPN GameDay signs for Nov. 4
- Week 10 college football picks … again with the ‘poison,’ Nick?
- ESPN College GameDay signs for Oct. 28, 2017
- Week 9 college football picks … this time with an important message