A few weeks ago, former Cincinnati, Ole Miss, Auburn and Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville announced he would not be running for governor of Alabama.
After statements he made the other day, don’t expect him to run for governor of Texas either.
Tuberville told the Rick & Bubba radio show when he left Auburn and landed in Lubbock, Texas, he felt like he was in “Siberia.”
The former coach said on the show: “You run me off at Auburn and you ship me to Lubbock, Texas. I’m going to tell you what; that’s like going to Siberia. Somebody asked me, ‘What’s Lubbock look like?’ It looked like Iraq.”
But who loves ya baby?
Still in politician mode, Tuberville, who coached for three seasons at Texas Tech, added later, “Well, I love those people out there.”
Yeah, Lubbock is located in sort of a remote area in the Texas panhandle, hours away from any major cities.
Meanwhile, maybe Tuberville should have consulted with his predecessor on what to do in Lubbock. Check out what Mike Leach would do on a first date in Lubbock:
More bad news for the Red Raiders: On Monday, Texas Tech’s leading receiver last season, Jonathan Giles, announced he was transferring to LSU. Giles had 1,158 yards on 69 receptions and 13 TDs.
Michigan-Ohio State on the move: Fox Sports representatives said earlier this week that it now has the rights to the Michigan-Ohio State. As pointed out by landof10.com, the move from ESPN comes one year after the Worldwide Leader provided FIVE hours of pre-game coverage.
- Week 14 college football picks … the picks of Champions
- Week 13 college football picks … Stop the madness! Just let Bama win
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 18, 2017
- Week 12 college football picks … stop picking on me!
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 11, 2017
- Week 11 college football picks … them’s fightin’ words
- ESPN GameDay signs for Nov. 4
- Week 10 college football picks … again with the ‘poison,’ Nick?
- ESPN College GameDay signs for Oct. 28, 2017
- Week 9 college football picks … this time with an important message