In a Dallas Morning News feature, former Mississippi State and current Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott has a warning for the rest of the league: You ain’t seen nothing yet.
In 2016, the former fourth-round draft pick lead the Cowboys to 13 wins as a rookie with a 104.9 passer rating. He was the league’s Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Said Prescott of the 2017 season: “In Year One we just scratched the surface. We’re just getting started. I know we’ve been hitting these (offseason) workouts, and we’re just excited for what we can be as a team.”
Fox Sports radio personality Colin Cowherd begs to differ. Cowherd is one who often credits the oddsmakers in Las Vegas for being the “truth serum” when it comes to predicting, among other things, the fate of sports teams.
Said Cowherd: “The win totals are the number every NFL team gets out of Vegas, and you as a fan can bet over the number or under the number. The Dallas Cowboys’ number is 9.5 wins. Out of 16 games, 9.5. Vegas is saying they think Dallas is a 9-win team or a 10-win team. Vegas makes mistakes, but they’re overwhelmingly right.”
Penn State’s Julius admits eating disorder: The 5-foot-10, 258-pound kicker from Penn State that gained national notoriety for his tackles on kickoffs, posted on Facebook Friday that he is in treatment for an eating disorder.
From the post: “I have been struggling over the last couple months with my eating disorder. It got to the point where I had to return to St. Louis to seek further treatment at the McCallum place. Recovery is a wonderful and beautiful thing that I am working on returning too. For anyone out there that has similar struggles I hope you too can seek help in some way.”
- Week 14 college football picks … the picks of Champions
- Week 13 college football picks … Stop the madness! Just let Bama win
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 18, 2017
- Week 12 college football picks … stop picking on me!
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 11, 2017
- Week 11 college football picks … them’s fightin’ words
- ESPN GameDay signs for Nov. 4
- Week 10 college football picks … again with the ‘poison,’ Nick?
- ESPN College GameDay signs for Oct. 28, 2017
- Week 9 college football picks … this time with an important message