Back to duty: Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis signed an order Monday to rescind the pro sports policy that went into effect last July and created an avenue for service academy athletes to turn professional immediately.
Now, all cadet athletes from the three academies — Army, Navy and Air Force — will be required to fulfill their active duty requirement before competing full-time with a professional sports team.
Evander Holyfield’s son arrested: The Associated Press reports Georgia football player and son of former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield faces a one-game suspension from the team after his arrest on misdemeanor marijuana charges. The sophomore was charged in Clarke County (Ga.) Jail with less than an ounce of marijuana and in possession of “drug-related objects.”
- AAC wants to be included as major conference
- Alabama falls in too early preseason poll
- Cutcliffe gets extension from Duke
- Now every prospect will skip meaningless bowl
- Harbaugh says ‘Thank you’ to Rome
- Week 14 college football picks … the picks of Champions
- Week 13 college football picks … Stop the madness! Just let Bama win
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 18, 2017
- Week 12 college football picks … stop picking on me!
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 11, 2017
- Week 11 college football picks … them’s fightin’ words
- ESPN GameDay signs for Nov. 4
- Week 10 college football picks … again with the ‘poison,’ Nick?
- ESPN College GameDay signs for Oct. 28, 2017
- Week 9 college football picks … this time with an important message