One of the most iconic SEC rivalries will remain in Jacksonville, Fla., according to a report in the Jacksonville Business Journal.
The story says the proposed contract will be voted on by the Jacksonville City Council within the next month. Jacksonville mayor Lenny Curry’s office is credited with declaring, although there is no written agreement yet on file, the 2017 game is safe and will be played as planned in Jacksonville.
This season’s SEC East game will be played on Oct. 28. Future games include: Oct. 27, 2018, Oct. 26 or Nov. 2, 2019, Oct. 31, 2020 and Oct. 30, 2021.
Pays to be in SEC
According to the agreement, each school receives a $125,000 signing bonus and $250,000 in guaranteed payment for each of the next five seasons. Each school will get a $60,000 travel and lodging stipend, a $10,000 increase.
- Week 14 college football picks … the picks of Champions
- Week 13 college football picks … Stop the madness! Just let Bama win
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 18, 2017
- Week 12 college football picks … stop picking on me!
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 11, 2017
- Week 11 college football picks … them’s fightin’ words
- ESPN GameDay signs for Nov. 4
- Week 10 college football picks … again with the ‘poison,’ Nick?
- ESPN College GameDay signs for Oct. 28, 2017
- Week 9 college football picks … this time with an important message