Say satellite camp in SEC country in 2016 and you likely would get, at the very least, a piercing, angry stare. The words “traitors” or “carpetbaggers” would have been kindest ones mentioned.
Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh‘s ventures into Georgia, Alabama, Florida and Mississippi in 2015 and 2016 angered the SEC faithful, but no doubt were a welcomed sight for Division I recruits and their parents.
So now, here comes the parade of satellites, one that includes some SEC teams.
Ohio State and Arizona will be at Texas Southern for a satellite camp at the SWAC school’s Houston campus on June 8.
According to a report on Landof10.com, the top prize for this trip will be Houston Lamar 5-star cornerback Anthony Cook, who has the Buckeyes among this top 10 teams.
SEC joins in
Before you Texas A&M fans get too upset, the Omaha World-Herald reports Nebraska coach Mike Riley, who conducted satellite camps when he was the Oregon State coach, says the Aggies likely will be joining the Cornhuskers for an Adidas-sponsored satellite camp. SEC West-rival Mississippi State might join them, too.
Furthermore, the story also mentions that Nebraska’s camp venue possibilities include: Texas-San Antonio, Miami (Florida) or Florida Atlantic, now coached by former Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin, and one at Kennesaw State near Atlanta.
Other items from the weekend:
Hello, Frisco! Multiple reports say The Miami Beach Bowl — yes, that’s actually a bowl — is moving. It’s moving to Frisco! That’s Frisco, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. The game would be played at Toyota Stadium, a Major League Soccer stadium, which has a capacity of 20,500.
Kiffin returns shot to Saban: In this back-and-forth carping between Alabama coach Nick Saban and former offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin continues. Kiffin says there was no “protecting” of freshman quarterback Jalen Hurts during the 2016 season, as Saban claimed earlier last week.
- Week 14 college football picks … the picks of Champions
- Week 13 college football picks … Stop the madness! Just let Bama win
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 18, 2017
- Week 12 college football picks … stop picking on me!
- ESPN College GameDay Signs Nov. 11, 2017
- Week 11 college football picks … them’s fightin’ words
- ESPN GameDay signs for Nov. 4
- Week 10 college football picks … again with the ‘poison,’ Nick?
- ESPN College GameDay signs for Oct. 28, 2017
- Week 9 college football picks … this time with an important message